Reach Sonic Nirvana
The UA Bock 251 is our flagship large-diaphragm tube condenser mic, giving you the smooth, open tone of the iconic Telefunken ELAM 251, considered by many to be the greatest vocal mic ever made. Each microphone is handmade in Santa Cruz, California, to the exacting specifications of world‑renowned mic designer David Bock.
Add Handmade Magic to your Studio
The UA Bock 251 is David Bock’s loving interpretation of the classic Telefunken 251 microphones he studied and maintained as chief technical engineer of the world’s top recording studios for two decades. Handbuilt at UA’s Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California, the UA Bock 251 mic puts “golden unit” sound at the heart of your recordings.
Rich Tube Mic Sounds, with Updated Sonics
With its German-made CK12 capsule and large output transformer, the UA Bock 251 gives you extended low‑frequency response down to 10 Hz and higher SPL capabilities versus vintage Telefunken 251 microphones.
Built for a Lifetime of Harmonious Recording
Handwired using premium components, each UA Bock 251 is built and tested to David Bock’s exacting specifications. With its vintage-inspired case, robust shock mount and accessories, this mic spares no expense to last a lifetime.
- Re-creation of an iconic mic from the Golden Age of Analog
- Proprietary all-brass C12-type capsule
- Switchable cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 polar patterns
- Custom transformer delivers extended frequency response and generous headroom
- Inductor-based power supply for increased dynamic range and tube longevity
- Includes power supply, 20-foot cable, shockmount, signature wood storage box, and vintage-style suitcase
- Handcrafted in the USA
Meet With A Passionate Product Specialist
Our sales staff are on hand to answer all of your questions. Whether you’re picking up your next microphone, an audio interface or planning a new studio from the ground up, we can help. Contact us or visit our showroom