Record with Rich Tube Magic
The UA Bock 167 large-diaphragm tube condenser mic will give your vocals and instruments the classic smooth tone of the legendary Neumann U67 with modern sonic flexibility. Each microphone is handmade in Santa Cruz, California, to the exacting specifications of world‑renowned mic designer David Bock.
Add a Handmade Masterpiece to your Studio
The UA Bock 167 is David Bock’s thoughtful reimagining of the iconic Neumann U67 mics he studied and maintained as chief technical engineer of the world’s top recording studios for two decades. Handbuilt at UA’s Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California, the UA Bock 167 is the perfect choice for recording singers, acoustic instruments, drums, and voiceovers.
Get Iconic Sounds with Modern Tone Sculpting
Vintage Neumann U67 tube mics are cherished for their full sound and lively midrange. Our UA Bock 167 improves upon this classic design with three EQ filtering options, a unique “fat” switch for boosting between 10 Hz and 400 Hz, and continuously variable polar pattern. This translates into recordings with more dynamic range, tonal extension, and flexibility.
Experience a Lifetime of Beautiful Recordings
Handwired using premium components — including a dual-symmetrical K67 capsule, Lundahl transformer, and NOS tube — each UA Bock 167 is built and tested to David Bock’s exacting specifications. With its premium case, professional shock mount, and hand-tuned power supply, this mic will provide years of exceptional recordings.
- Continuously variable (omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-8) polar pattern
- 4-position HF tone-shaping switch for impressive versatility
- Fat switch changes tube bias for 2 distinct sonic personalities
- 50Hz rumble filter removes undesirable LF content
- Proprietary all-brass capsule with 6-micron diaphragm
- Inductor-based power supply for increased dynamic range and tube longevity
- Includes shockmount, power supply, 20-foot cable, and signature wood storage box
- Handcrafted in the USA
Meet With A Passionate Product Specialist
Our sales staff are on hand to answer all of your questions. Whether you’re picking up your next microphone, an audio interface or planning a new studio from the ground up, we can help. Contact us or visit our showroom