Rupert Neve Designs RMP-D8
“What I heard was a significant improvement over my console’s onboard preamps and converters. I noted in many cases that I was using my EQ’s less, especially on vocal channels…I heard and felt the difference immediately. The RMP-D8 sounded absolutely fantastic.” – Vince Lepore, FOH Magazine”
“As expected, there was plenty of headroom even for a musician who really hits his drums hard and the results were precisely what I’ve come to expect from Rupert Neve Designs–full, solid and with a touch of colour that never gets in the way of clarity.” – Audio Media International
8-Channel Class-A Remote Control Dante Mic Preamp
The massive weight & tone of classic Rupert Neve Designs studio microphone preamps: now available for your stage.
For the last decade, the world’s leading live sound engineers have chosen Rupert Neve Designs as some of the only analog equipment to accompany their digital touring rigs. With mastering-grade 24-bit 192kHz converters and full Dante integration, the RMP-D8 finally offers the live sound world something that studios have always coveted: the sound of Rupert Neve Designs.
Classic Rupert Neve Tone
The heart of the RMP-D8 lies in the modular mic preamp cards featuring Mr. Rupert Neve’s custom transformer designs. Unlike other integrated Dante mic preamp designs that rely primarily on a single IC for gain & tone, each channel on the RMP-D8 has a fully-realized class-A microphone preamplifier feeding a custom transformer, maintaining the high standards of Rupert Neve Designs’ standalone preamplifiers.
Where converters are often an afterthought on combination devices, the 24-bit/192kHz converters in the RMP-D8 are a product of years of careful listening. The precision controlled internal clocking and enhanced jitter reduction enable capture of the full breadth of performance from the mic preamplifiers or the line inputs; with the RMP-D8, there is no weak link in the audio path.
The New Dante Standard
Dante audio networking uses standard IP networks to transmit high-quality, uncompressed audio with near-zero latency. It’s the most flexible, reliable, and easy-to-manage audio networking solution available, and provides the lowest cost of ownership by dramatically reducing cabling and labor costs. Dante is the audio networking choice of nearly all professional audio manufacturers, making it the industry standard for digital audio networking.
• 8 mic / line inputs with 48V phantom power, polarity reverse, input pad & high-pass filter controls
• 1dB-stepped class-A mic preamplifiers with 60dB gain and remote control capability
• Custom Rupert Neve Designs transformers for the larger-than-life tone of Rupert’s classic modules
• 24-bit / 192kHz Mastering-Grade Converters with precision-controlled internal clocking and enhanced jitter reduction
• Ultra-reliable, redundant power supplies capable of operating anywhere in the world
• Dante integration with redundant network ports for reliability
• Gain-compensated secondary output
• 4 dual-channel AES outputs on XLR connectors
• Large OLED display with full local control,· accurate and easy-to-read meters
• Compatible with Dante Virtual Soundcard and Dante Via for direct computer integration
• Reinforced steel chassis for enhanced RF shielding and rugged touring use in challenging environments
150 Ohm Balanced Source, AES Output, 22 Hz to 22 kHz, un-weighted+60dB Gain
0dBu , Unity Gain, 96Khz
30Hz to 45kHz +/- 0.2 dB
10Hz -3 dB
0 to 60 dB in 1 dB steps
High Pass Filter
-3dB @ 80 Hz, 12 dB/Octave Slope
Signal to Noise Ratio
Maximum Input Level
22” (W) x 18” (D) x 9” (H) 55.9 cm (W) x 45.7 cm (D) x 22.9 cm (H)
Power Cord Type
IEC Standard 3 Pin 18AWG Latching Type
* A “Special Order” is a product that we normally do not keep in stock. We order it from the manufacturer as soon as you order from us. We are the exclusive distributor for Rupert Neve Designs, so we can get your special order to you fast, in about 2-3 weeks. Remember that special orders are non-cancelable, so make sure the item you are ordering is correct. Call us at +65 63388657 if you need assistance.
Meet With A Passionate Product Specialist
Our sales staff are on hand to answer all of your questions. Whether you’re picking up your next microphone, an audio interface or planning a new studio from the ground up, we can help. Contact us or visit our showroom