“David Royer has produced another winner. If I could have only one large-diaphragm mic, I would definitely put this one on my shortlist.” – Sound On Sound
“Based on my experience, an off-the-shelf, store-bought Mojave MA-301fet, surpasses a stock U87 in its sonic flexibility and accuracy. It even compares favorably with my seriously-tweaked, vintage Neumanns that are worth many times its price!” – Everything Audio Network
“We were most pleased on how the MA-301fet handled the lead vocals on our session. Jairo is from Madrid and has a very distinct voice and annunciation style, singing mostly in Spanish. He has an incredible range and can switch from a sweet falsetto to robust rocker in the same song, and the MA-301fet was the perfect choice. We could go on and on about how great and easy it was to use, but we will just tell you that Jairo is now purchasing one for his home studio and selling that other big name mic he paid too much for.” – Tape Op
The MA-301fet is a multi-pattern large diaphragm, solid-state condenser microphone. Based upon the popular MA-201fet designed by David Royer, the MA-301fet adds a 3-position pickup pattern selector, a 15dB pad and a switchable bass roll-off.
Utilising a 3-micron gold-sputtered capsule, high-quality Jensen audio transformer, military-grade FET and custom designed low-noise resistors, the MA-301fet performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. Each MA-301fet microphone is carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case with a professional grade shockmount.
- Multi-pattern: Cardioid, Omnidiectional, Figure-eight (Bi-directional)
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Hand-selected 3-micron 1″ capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military-grade FET
- Custom designed low-noise resistors
- Ultra clean signal path
- Voice Over and Broadcast
- High SPL sources, such as Kick Drums and Bass Guitar Amps
- Electric Guitar
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor – double diaphragm.
- DIAPHRAGM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS: 3 microns
- POLAR PATTERN: 3 patterns; omni, cardioid and figure-8
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz to 20 KHZ, +/-3 dB at “flat” setting of bass cut
switch. Bass cut switch provides 6 dB per octave attenuation below
100 Hertz in “cut” setting
- SENSITIVITY: -40.5 dB, re. 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- DISTORTION: < 1% @ 120 dB SPL , < 3% @ 134 dB SPL with pad off
< 1% @ 134 dB SPL, < 3% @ 148 dB SPL with pad on
- SELF NOISE: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (A weighted)
- PAD: 15 dB
- BASS CUT: 6 dB per octave below 100 hertz.
- IMPEDANCE: 550 ohms, transformer balanced (Jensen)
- POWERING: 48VDC phantom power; current 1.2 mA
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
Carrying case with microphone, shock mount: 10″ x 9″ x 4.5″, 4 lbs.
Microphone: 7 5/8″ X 2″ (194mm x 51mm), 1 lb. (0.45Kg)
Frequency Response and Polar Pattern
* A “Special Order” is a product that we normally do not keep in stock. We order it from the manufacturer as soon as you order from us. We are the exclusive distributor for Mojave Audio, so we can get your special order to you fast, in about 2-3 weeks. Remember that special orders are non-cancelable, so make sure the item you are ordering is correct. Call us at +65 63388657 if you need assistance.
*Due to the disruptions caused by the pandemic and the ongoing shipping congestion, delays may be possible.
Meet With A Passionate Product Specialist
Our sales staff are on hand to answer all of your questions. Whether you’re picking up your next microphone, an audio interface or planning a new studio from the ground up, we can help. Contact us or visit our showroom