“The Mojave Audio MA-300 is an amazing-sounding microphone that is well built, feature-packed and exceptionally priced; compared with the rest of the Mojave line, this kind of performance is becoming the company’s legacy. The MA-300 should receive top consideration from any engineer or studio looking to broaden its sonic palette.” – Pro Sound News
“Sonically, the MA-300 delivers, bringing its wonderful tube-y personality and great transient response to any recording. It’s a great go-to mic for vocals, drums, guitar amp, acoustic guitar and more.” – Mix
“Mojave mics have been making us look smart and sound good for a few years now. The MA-300 is a welcome addition to the product line. It’s a perfect choice for a budget studio because of its sound, flexibility, and price. It’s equally worthy for the big studios for the same reasons.” – Tape Op
The MA-300 is a multi-pattern large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone. Based upon the widely accepted MA-200 designed by David Royer, the MA-300 adds a continuously variable pickup pattern selector, 15dB pad and a switchable bass roll-off. The MA-300 gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Utilising hand-selected, double diaphragm 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-300 performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. The MA-300 power supply can be set for 115V and 230V, 50 or 60 Hz, through an internal switch (100V is also available). Each MA-300 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case-within-a-case.
- Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Hand-selected 3-micron double diaphragm capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
Use anywhere you would use a large diaphragm tube microphone.
- Voice Over and Broadcast
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor – double diaphragm.
- DIAPHRAGM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS : 3-microns
- POLAR RESPONSE: Continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-eight.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz to 20 KHZ, +/-3 dB at “flat” setting of bass cut switch. Bass cut switch provides 6 dB per octave attenuation below 100 Hertz in “cut” setting
- SENSITIVITY: -37dB re 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- DISTORTION:< 1% @ 117 dB SPL , < 3% @ 125 dB SPL with pad off, < 1% @ 132 dB SPL, < 3% @ 140 dB SPL with pad on
- SELF NOISE: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- PAD: 15 dB
- BASS CUT: 6 dB per octave below 100 hertz.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount
and cables: 13 lbs.
Microphone: 7 5/8″ X 2″, 1 lb.
Polar Pattern and Frequency Response
* A “Special Order” is a product that we normally do not keep in stock. We order it from the manufacturer as soon as you order from us. We are the exclusive distributor for Mojave Audio, so we can get your special order to you fast, in about 2-3 weeks. Remember that special orders are non-cancelable, so make sure the item you are ordering is correct. Call us at +65 63388657 if you need assistance.
*Due to the disruptions caused by the pandemic and the ongoing shipping congestion, delays may be possible.
Meet With A Passionate Product Specialist
Our sales staff are on hand to answer all of your questions. Whether you’re picking up your next microphone, an audio interface or planning a new studio from the ground up, we can help. Contact us or visit our showroom