“The MA-201fet is big and fat, and packs an extra midrange punch that sounds great on vocals, drums and guitars.” – Michael Wagener – Engineer: Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Skid Row, Extreme, King’s X
“An underpriced audio gem” – Pro Sound News
“The Mojave MA-201fet is obviously the perfect large-diaphragm condenser mic for the small budget studio and home recordist, but it’s also equally at home in our commercial studio. I’ve paid considerably more for mics that the MA-201 fet is equal to in design and specification, and yet some of these mics are not as suitable for multiple tasks like the Mojave is. Once again, Mojave has produced a winner.” – Tape Op
The MA-201fet is a large diaphragm, phantom-powered, solid-state condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid pattern. With its roots in a lineage of microphone designs by David Royer, the MA-201fet gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Utilising a 3-micron gold-sputtered capsule, high-quality Jensen audio transformer, military-grade FET and custom designed low-noise resistors, the MA-201fet performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. Each MA-201fet microphone is carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case with a professional grade shockmount.
- Hand-selected 3-micron 1″ capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military-grade FET
- Custom designed low-noise resistors
- Ultra clean signal path
- Voice Over and Broadcast
- High SPL sources, such as Kick Drums and Bass Guitar Amps
- Electric Guitar
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Acoustic Instruments
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally polarized pressure gradient capacitor
- DIAPHRAGM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS: 3-micron
- POLAR PATTERN: Cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz-20kHz, +/- 3dB
- SENSITIVITY: -39 dB re. 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 125 dB
- DISTORTION: <1% @120dB SPL, <3% @134dB SPL
- SELF NOISE: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (A weighted)
- IMPEDANCE: 550 ohms, transformer balanced (Jensen)
- POWERING: 48VDC phantom power; current .68mA.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
Carrying case with microphone, shock mount: 10″ x 9″ x 4.5″, 4 lbs.
Microphone: 7 5/8″ x 2″, 1 lb.
Frequency Response and Polar Pattern
* A “Special Order” is a product that we normally do not keep in stock. We order it from the manufacturer as soon as you order from us. We are the exclusive distributor for Mojave Audio, so we can get your special order to you fast, in about 2-3 weeks. Remember that special orders are non-cancelable, so make sure the item you are ordering is correct. Call us at +65 63388657 if you need assistance.
*Due to the disruptions caused by the pandemic and the ongoing shipping congestion, delays may be possible.
Meet With A Passionate Product Specialist
Our sales staff are on hand to answer all of your questions. Whether you’re picking up your next microphone, an audio interface or planning a new studio from the ground up, we can help. Contact us or visit our showroom