“The Mojave Audio MA-200 is a wonderful sounding microphone that is well made, well packaged and unbelievably priced. It is a great consideration to any studio or engineer looking to broaden their sonic pallet.” – Pro Sound News
“Time and time again, I put the mic into varying situations and it shined. What I like most is that when you hit it hard, the MA-200 gives you back some crunch. The plate-loaded tube stage rounds out transients nicely, giving it an almost ribbon-like quality.” – Mix
The MA-200 is a large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid pattern. Born to a lineage of fine microphone designs by David Royer, the MA-200 gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Utilising hand-selected 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-200SN performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. The MA-200 power supply can be set for 115V and 230V, 50 or 60 Hz, through an internal switch (100V is also available). Each MA-200 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case-within-a-case.
- Hand-selected 3-micron capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
Use anywhere you would use an expensive, large diaphragm tube microphone.
- Voice Over and Broadcast
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally excited capacitor type
- DIAPHRAGM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS : 3-microns
- POLAR RESPONSE: Cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, +/-3dB
- SENSITIVITY: -37dB re 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 120dB
- DISTORTION: head amp only, <1% @117dB SPL, <3% @ 125dB SPL
- SELF NOISE: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- IMPEDANCE: 200 ohms, balanced using an output transformer
- VACUUM TUBE: 5840 – pentode tube wired for triode operation
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 100-120VAC; 220-240VAC, 50 or 60 Hz. Power consumption approx. 10 watts.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount
and cables: 13 lbs.
Microphone: 7 5/8″ X 2″, 1 lb.
Polar Pattern and Frequency Response
* A “Special Order” is a product that we normally do not keep in stock. We order it from the manufacturer as soon as you order from us. We are the exclusive distributor for Mojave Audio, so we can get your special order to you fast, in about 2-3 weeks. Remember that special orders are non-cancelable, so make sure the item you are ordering is correct. Call us at +65 63388657 if you need assistance.
*Due to the disruptions caused by the pandemic and the ongoing shipping congestion, delays may be possible.
Meet With A Passionate Product Specialist
Our sales staff are on hand to answer all of your questions. Whether you’re picking up your next microphone, an audio interface or planning a new studio from the ground up, we can help. Contact us or visit our showroom