“The difference between a very good mic and a brilliant mic is its dynamic range. Throughout my career, I’ve never come across a mic like the MA 1000. There’s no compression or recoil from the mic whether I’m doing subtle, quiet parts or hard-hitting bombastic sections – I can feel and hear exactly what I’m doing vocally at all times. Fantastic creation, going to be a hard one to top.” – James LaBrie, Dream Theater
“I can’t think of a better vintage/modern tube mic than the Mojave MA-1000. This Mojave large-diaphragm condenser may be the champion in combining the old-school tube character with a linear, detailed, modern flavour that allows for recording in hi-res. Like the original Telefunken and AKG C12, I am sure the MA-1000 will be used for numerous instrument and vocal applications. It is, indeed, that good.” – Sound One Sound
“Mojave has set the bar high for current production tube mics. The MA-1000 beautifully captures virtually any sound source with a vintage sonic thumbprint and an unnoticeable noise floor.” – Pro Sound News
“I did not know the cost of the MA-1000 mic while I was evaluating it. Mojave’s pricing is very competitive, but I realised that this mic was a step up, in a more high-end direction. My initial guess was that it was upwards of $5,000 — and based on its performance, that would be a steal. Even if you used the MA-1000 exclusively as a vocal mic, it would be worth that. I was quite surprised to learn its actual price is closer to half of what I estimated.” – Tape Op
The vintage tone of Telefunken’s classic ELA-M 251 with modern, low-noise performance.
Drawing inspiration from some of yesterday’s most revered microphones, TECHNICAL GRAMMY Award-Winning microphone designer David Royer has created a thoroughly modern tube microphone that features an original new old-stock 5840 tube, 251-style capsule, and custom designed transformer built by Coast Magnetics. The result? A sweet, airy top end, “you-are-there” realism in the mids and an accurate yet authoritative bottom end.
The Signature Series has been exhaustively field tested against microphones often costing $20K or more – universally evoking the same “Wow” response usually reserved for only the most prized vintage mics. Push up the fader and say “Ahhh!” With performance, reliability, and quality like this, we are sure you’ll agree that Mojave’s new Signature Series microphone is a New American Classic.
- Original new old-stock 5840 tube
- 251-style capsule
- Custom designed transformer by Coast Magnetics
- Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar
pattern selector, located on power supply
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- American Classic Design
- Comes with Sling-Shock® licenced from Royer Labs
- Premium Cable made with Mogami Cable
and Neutrik connectors
- Vocals and Voice-overs
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: Externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor – double diaphragm.
- DIAPHRAGM: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS: 3-microns
- POLAR PATTERN: Continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-eight.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz to 20KHz ∓3 dB
- SENSITIVITY: Omni -37.5 dB, Cardioid -36.0 dB, Figure-8 -34.0 dB re. 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- DISTORTION: < 1% @ 117 dB SPL , < 3% @ 125 dB SPL with pad off
< 1% @ 132 dB SPL, < 3% @ 140 dB SPL with pad on
- SELF NOISE: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (A weighted)
- PAD: 15 dB
- BASS CUT: 6 dB per octave below 100 hertz.
- IMPEDANCE: 200 Ω
- POWER REQUIREMENT: 6 VDC @ 150 mA. 125 VDC @ .7 mA
(from dedicated power supply)
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables: 13 lbs. (5.9Kg)
Microphone: 7 5/8” X 2” (194mm x 51mm), 1 lb. (0.45Kg)
Frequency Response and Polar Pattern
* A “Special Order” is a product that we normally do not keep in stock. We order it from the manufacturer as soon as you order from us. We are the exclusive distributor for Mojave Audio, so we can get your special order to you fast, in about 2-3 weeks. Remember that special orders are non-cancelable, so make sure the item you are ordering is correct. Call us at +65 63388657 if you need assistance.
*Due to the disruptions caused by the pandemic and the ongoing shipping congestion, delays may be possible.
Meet With A Passionate Product Specialist
Our sales staff are on hand to answer all of your questions. Whether you’re picking up your next microphone, an audio interface or planning a new studio from the ground up, we can help. Contact us or visit our showroom