Lewitt LCT 140 AIR
Available on backorder
“Anyone looking for a great, versatile small-diaphragm condenser mic should check out the LCT 140 Air as a priority, particularly those who frequently record acoustic guitar and other acoustic instruments.” – MusicTech
“The Lewitt 140 Air gave me just what I needed with its EQ slide switch set to flat, and with no real need for further EQ in the mix. I tried a few mic positions, some of which gave me plenty of articulation but insufficient weight and others that emphasised the body resonances too much. In the end I settled for aiming the mic towards the bridge from around 350mm away, and ended up with a good balance of weight and detail with a tonal balance that came very close to how we actually heard the instrument acoustically.” – Sound On Sound
Two sounds with a flip of a switch.
- Small diaphragm condenser microphone
- Choose between two distinct sound characteristics
- Great for acoustic guitar and drums
- Excellent transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern
Instrument recordings with realistic or sparkling sound.
Do you prefer your instrument sound 100% natural or with some sparkle on top? The LCT 140 AIR can do both. It features two sound characteristics, AIR and FLAT. You can easily switch to the sound that fits your purpose.
AIR adds top-end sparkle, while FLAT reproduces your sound as it is. Try both and capture the performance the way you want.
Two switchable sound characteristics
AIR or FLAT? Record the source the way you want.
AIR delivers an open, sparkling character. The right choice if you need great sound without spending time on post-production. FLAT provides a linear frequency response for “as-it-is” reproduction of drums, strings, acoustic guitars, and choirs. It is perfect if you aim for realistic sonic images. Check out the sound samples and hear for yourself.
Excellent transient response
Capture the natural sound of your instruments.
Transients are the DNA of your instrument’s sound. To retain the natural musicality of your instruments, the LCT 140 AIR delivers an excellent transient response. The natural characteristics of cymbals are captured accurately.
In any case, you get a punchy yet warm reproduction of your instrument’s unique sound.
Durable and light aluminum housing
It’s withstanding and easy to handle.
The LCT 140 AIR is very durable yet lightweight thanks to its CNC’ed aluminum housing. Positioning and setup become easy tasks.
- Type: Condenser, permanently polarized
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Transducer Ø: 17 mm, 0.67 in
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 14.6 mV/Pa, -36.7 dBV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 20 dB (A), cardioid
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD: 135 dBSPL
- Dynamic range: 115 dB (A)
- Pre-attenuation pad: 0 dB, –12 dB
- Low-cut filter: linear, 80 Hz (12 dB/oct)
- Internal impedance: 173 Ω
- Rated load impedance: 1000 Ω
- Supply voltage: 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption: 7.2 mA
- Connector: Gold plated 3-pin XLR
- Microphone dimensions: 24 dia. x 140 mm, 0.9 dia. x 5.5 in
- Microphone net weight: 66 gram
Meet With A Passionate Product Specialist
Our sales staff are on hand to answer all of your questions. Whether you’re picking up your next microphone, an audio interface or planning a new studio from the ground up, we can help. Contact us or visit our showroom