Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Core
“The UAD plug-ins allow us to get into the wheelhouse of the sounds of yesteryear. It’s another instrument in the band these days.” – The Killers
“The UAD-2 is the 21st century musician’s best friend.” – Ivan Barias (Musiq Soulchild, Faith Evans)
“Knowing the abilities of the DSP and the incredible quality and tonality of the plug-ins, the UAD-2 has become such a first response tool in my everyday recording and mixing.” – Darrell Thorp (Beck, Radiohead, Charlotte Gainsbourg)
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt.
Get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over Thunderbolt.
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to “supercharge” their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA’s award-winning plug-in library,
including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more. With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt makes the perfect introduction to UAD plug-ins, or ideal DSP expander for Apollo audio interfaces.
– Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 connection on newer Macs
– 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
– Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Marshall, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more
– Includes Analog Classics Plus bundle featuring Legacy editions of LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176 Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
– Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
– Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
– Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces
– Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for convenient daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
– Also available in Custom, and Ultimate software packages, featuring a range of additional plug-ins
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-Ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins are integral tools for audio professionals. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — whether it’s boutique compressors and EQs, or vintage reverbs and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, or à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
UAD Plug-In Craftsmanship: The Science Behind the Scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics “in the box.”
Analog Classics Plus Bundle
Featuring a solid lineup of classic compressors like the Legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus EQs like the Legacy Pultec EQP-1A and Pultec Pro, the Analog Classics Plus bundle is a well-rounded mixing toolkit. Innovative new plug-ins like the 610-B Tube Preamp offer authentic tube tone, while the Precision Enhancer Hz plug-in allows shaping your overall mixes. The Analog Classics Plus Bundle is included with the UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt QUAD/OCTO.