Universal Audio Apollo x16 Heritage Edition (include a SGD3,400 Plug-In Bundle)
“This is the best-sounding Universal Audio D/A ever, by far. It has an extra octave of clear bottom, but it’s not hyped. It’s just very solid and full. It’s like there’s no converter generated signature at all. It’s completely open and natural”. – Fab Dupont (David Crosby, Shakira, Santigold)
16 Channels of Elite Audio Conversion, HEXA Core Processing and Surround Sound Monitoring.
The flagship Apollo x16 allows music producers, project, and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with new world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring – all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or PC. Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 18 x 20 interface boasts the widest dynamic range (133 dB) and lowest THD+N (-129 dB), of any integrated audio interface on the market. Plus, with all-new HEXA Core processing, you’ll get 50%more DSP for running acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time. In addition to its elite-class audio conversion, Apollo x16 features selectable operating level for compatibility with professional +24 dBu gear, as well as an integrated monitor controller and built-in talkback mic.
– Experience elite-class A/D and D/A conversion with the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise of any integrated audio interface available
– Track and mix with powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP chips for running more award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
– Easily connect to professional studio gear with 16 x 16 analog I/O via DB-25 connections, plus switchable +24 / +20 dBu headroom settings
– Work in surround formats up to 7.1, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of chart-topping songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are no strangers to tracking stellar-sounding records. To improve on the previous generation Apollo interfaces’ class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A converters – ultimately pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for an ultra-pristine signal path.
With 133 dB dynamic range and -129 dB THD+N, Apollo x16’s open, natural sound quality rivals any dedicated high-end converter on the market – regardless of price – and is the perfect starting point for applying UAD processing.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
Apollo x16 features new HEXA Core processing, with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you’re tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API, or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW.
From the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on guitars to the musical tube limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine 1176 or Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward with a rich, three-dimensional analog sound that UAD plug-ins provide.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Of course, a hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency. Apollo x16 includes the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, so you can record and mix with the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and guitar and bass amps from Marshall and Ampeg.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Going beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-ins, Apollo x16 lets you tap into the full UAD Powered Plug-In library of name-brand vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines, channel strips, and more – at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer’s CPU.
With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, SSL, Lexicon, Fender, and more,** it’s like having a studio full of iconic analog gear, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these award-winning DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Surround Sound Monitoring* and +24dBu Operation
With comprehensive surround monitoring support for formats up to 7.1, Apollo x16 is a boon for engineers and producers working on audio and music for video games, television, and the web. In addition, Apollo x8p offers selectable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
Build a Networked Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Apollo x16 offers 18 x 20 simultaneous inputs/outputs (16 x 16 analog I/O) and two built-inThunderbolt 3 ports, which are backwards-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs via adapter (sold separately). This allows users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin or Apollo rackmount audio interfaces to easily combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices – adding fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP as your studio grows.
Apollo x16 Key Features:
– 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion
– Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
– Surround monitor controller up to 71 format
– Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus”UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic and more
– UAD HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for ProTools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
– Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices; backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via optional adapter
– Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
– Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
– Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
Included in the Heritage Edition plug-in Bundle:
- UA 1176 Collection
- Teletronix LA‑2A Classic Leveler Collection
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection
- Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
- Teletronix LA-3A Audio Leveler,
- Helios Type 69 Preamp & EQ Collection
- V76 Preamplifier
- UA Oxide Tape Recorder
- UA Pure Plate Reverb
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
Precision Enhancer Hz
* A “Special Order” is a product that we normally do not keep in stock. We order it from the manufacturer as soon as you order from us. We are the exclusive distributor for Universal Audio, so we can get your special order to you fast, in about 1-2 weeks. Remember that special orders are non-cancelable, so make sure the item you are ordering is correct. Call us at +65 63388657 if you need assistance.
Meet With A Passionate Product Specialist
Our sales staff are on hand to answer all of your questions. Whether you’re picking up your next microphone, an audio interface or planning a new studio from the ground up, we can help. Contact us or visit our showroom