Ableton Push 2 with Live 10 Intro
Out of stock
“New, super–sensitive touch pads turn the Push 2 into a much more playable instrument than its predecessor, while a new high–resolution graphic display adds waveform slicing, improved mixing and much better device editing.” – Nick Rothwell, Sound On Sound
What is Push?
Push is a hardware instrument designed and engineered entirely by Ableton for a music-making experience that is as hands-on, expressive and closely integrated with Live as possible. Push and Live work together seamlessly to let you make beats, play notes and chords, work with samples and develop song structure—all without needing to look at a computer.
Browse, preview and load your own samples, access Live’s vast library of drums, or explore Beat Tools—a toolkit of sounds for beatmaking included with Push. Then play beats live with the 64 velocity-sensitive pads and adjust sounds and kits while you play, using eight touch-sensitive endless encoders. New for Live 10, you can use the on-screen control to adjust velocity, note position and length.
The 16-pad mode on Push allows you to play in real time, step sequence beats, and adjust the length of your loop, all at the same time. 64-pad mode lets you use the entire 8×8 pad grid for real-time drum playing. And a new 32-pad mode released with Live 10 lets you simultaneously sequence notes and play them in from the same pad layout.
Play notes and chords
Push’s pads correspond to pitches, and offer a condensed layout that encourages a fresh approach to melody and harmony: large intervals can be reached easily, and patterns can be played with the same fingerings in all keys. You can change the selected key and/or scale directly from Push and even step sequence notes and chords.
Live 10 brings new high-resolution visualizations to Push. Now you’ll spend even less time with the computer—whether you’re composing ideas, editing MIDI or shaping and mixing sounds.
Work with samples
Push offers three separate workflows to get creative with your samples. Classic mode lets you turn melodic samples into playable pitched instruments. One Shot mode is perfect for playing drums. You can also transpose a playing sample without retriggering it, allowing you to transform musical phrases into whole new melodies.
Slicing mode is designed for chopping up longer samples. Slice by beat division and region, or manually set slices, and instantly play each slice on a different pad. It’s perfect for rearranging loops on the fly or for creating drum kits from recorded grooves. Plus you can select and record audio and MIDI ins and outs directly from Push to sample your external gear and more, without disrupting your flow.
Beautiful and playable
Everything about Push has been carefully considered to provide a quality playing experience. The multicolor display adapts to show you exactly what you need to stay in the creative flow. Push’s pads feel soft, smooth and responsive—perfect for creating expressive beats and melodies.
Push is equally at home in the studio or on stage. Keep your performances in-the-moment by switching between improvising with loops and playing drums, notes, and chords from the same playing surface.
Seamless with Live
Launch clips and scenes, tweak device parameters and control mixer levels and sends – Live can capture every movement. When you’re ready, switch from Push to your computer to find your music already laid out in Live – the software that was powering your work the whole time.
- Hardware instrument for hands-on playability with Ableton Live
- Simultaneously sequence notes and play them in from the same pad layout
- Creative sampling workflows: slice, play and manipulate samples from Push
- Navigate and refine your music in context directly with advanced visualization on the Push multicolor display
- 64 velocity- and pressure-sensitive backlit pads
- 8 touch-sensitive encoders for controlling mixer, devices and instruments, and Live browser navigation
- Launch clips from the pads for jamming, live performance or arrangement recording
- Scales mode offers a unique approach to playing notes and chords
- Includes Beat Tools—a toolkit for beatmakers with more than 150 drum kits and instruments, 180 audio loops and much more
- Includes Live 10 Intro for new users
- Push hardware
- 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz with interchangeable heads for North/Central America & Japan (Type A), China (Type A & I), Europe (Type C), UK (Type G), Australia & New Zealand (Type I)
- USB cable 1.40m (55.12 inches)
- Quick Start Guide + Download version of Live 10 Intro
- Width: 370mm (14.57 inches)
- Depth: 293mm (11.54 inches)
- Height (body): 26mm (1.02 inches), (body + encoders): 46mm (1.81 inches)
- Weight: 2990g (6.6 pounds)
- External Power: 12V DC 1.25A
- USB Power: 5V/0.5A
- Two pedal inputs
- Kensington Lock
- The upper shell is a thick but lightweight plate of anodized aluminum
- Soft silicon pads, carefully calibrated to respond perfectly at any velocity
- RGB backlighting
- The control buttons gently click and are lit with white or multicolored LEDs to indicate a variety of states
- High-resolution endless encoders that respond to touch
Finish your song.
Together with the Push hardware, you get the best of both worlds for making music: inspiring hardware for hands-on control at the beginning, and full-featured music creation software for fine-tuning the details at the end.